Christina Hood who went to court about her medical problems stemming, she believes, from mold exposure at Booker T. Washington Elementary School in Suffolk Virginia, sued for 1.5 million in damages.
Her case was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Raymond Jackson, who granted the school board’s motion to dismiss. The school board believes the extent of their compassion need go no further than the times they had the room cleaned, and the humidifier they let her put in the classroom to combat her itchy and irritated eyes, a rash, sinusitis and bronchitis that were caused by mold exposure. In typical you-can’t-win fashion, the school’s other solution was to offer to move her to a position she wasn’t licensed for. How’s that for generous? They don’t seem to deny the mold was there, just that they did enough to deal with it.
Mold cases can be tough to win, even when the mold makes you sick, and even when it is documented.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.