Guess what we’re talking about again today?
We’re going to remind you about Toxic mold.
Children, the elderly, and those individuals suffering from depressed immune systems after to cancer, organ transplants, or really any illness that has stressed their immune system, can become very sick when exposed to levels of mold higher than their systems can tolerate. There are even otherwise healthy individuals who are very sensitive to mold and are unable to tolerate a slight elevation of mold spores.
There are allergenic molds, which cause allergic or asthmatic reactions, but do not commonly cause permanent condition effects in people who are not allergic. There are pathogenic molds, which are molds which have developed a “defense” system, and excrete mycotoxins. In agriculture, the control of mycotoxin-producing mold is a major issue of mold toxins affecting human survival.
The term “Toxic Mold” however or even “Toxic Black Mold” does not actually refer to a specific mold. There are 120,000 types of mold. A percentage of them are black. A percentage of the black molds are toxic. But no one has officially named a particular species of mold “Toxic Black Mold.”
Generally a mold professional is thinking of Stachybotrys if he mentions mold which is toxic and black.
If you’re worried about controlling or eliminating the stachybotrys (or other, possibly toxic) mold which may be under your sink or shower, you do it by eliminating the leak and drying out the area.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.