1. Vent bathrooms, dryers and moisture producing devices to the outside.
2. Clear Air conditioning vents to maintain ventilation.
3. Run de-humidifiers in basements and crawlspaces. Keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity.
4. Run kitchen exhaust fans when cooking to remove steam.
5. Install insulation to lessen condensation.
6. Install moisture sensor alarms to alert you when a leak occurs.
7. Don’t use humidifiers or vaporizers.
8. Identify problem areas in your home and make corrections.
9. Dry areas immediately if/when seepage, leaks, or flooding occurs.
10. Direct exterior water away from your home.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.