Common places mold is likely to be living in your home:
- around leaking pipes, windows, or roofs (the constant supply of water gives mold spores the start they need)
- any place that’s been flooded and hasn’t been thoroughly dried
- tightly sealed buildings (common with new construction), which trap excess moisture inside
- housekeeping habits that ignore obvious dampness and don’t include airing the place out.
Besides being ugly and smelly, mold can cause health issues from rashes, seizures, unusual bleeding, respiratory problems, and severe fatigue.
Relative humidity (RH) level of greater than 55% promotes the growth of mold and other fungi.
Although relative humidity remains fairly consistent outdoors, it fluctuates drastically inside as a result of being altered by the artificial heating and cooling.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.