Anti-mold Rules for Haters of Mold
- After flooding, you must be proactive to lower the possibility of mold.
- Clean wet places immediately.
- Mold cannot grow without moisture. Eliminate the source.
- Discard porous materials with mold growth (i.e. floor coverings, drywall, ceiling tiles).
- Thoroughly clean non-porous materials (glass, ceramic, metal and plastic), with a solution of household bleach, soap or detergent, and water. Use no more than 1½ cups of bleach per gallon of water.
- Wash down walls, floors and other mold-contaminated areas. When using bleach remember:
- Wear rubber gloves and other protective clothing including goggles and air filtering masks.
- Make sure the area is well ventilated.
- Remove damaged wallboard and insulation at least two feet above the water line.
- Change heating and air conditioning filters.
- Have ductwork inspected by a professional.
- Monitor the area for new mold growth and signs of moisture.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.