We hope all the Sandy victims are drying out successfully now.
We’re sure you followed up the sump pumps with dehumidifiers. Let’s hope you threw away everything that wasn’t salvageable, all contaminated soft goods, and managed to clean up everything that was cleanable. You know the mold solution. Remember it’s only good for superficial mold. (Most mold you see is just the tip of the iceberg. Or the moldberg.
Solution is: a ratio of one cup of bleach per gallon of water (ie about 1 part bleach to 10 parts water).
Apply solution to non-porous surfaces with a spray bottle or bucket and a sponge or cloth, or even a mop. (A sponge mop can give you a nice reach on walls.)
You can also use a borax/water solution of a ratio of 1 cup of borax per gallon of water.
If you don’t mind your property smelling like pickles, you can also use a straight vinegar solution, but you’ll have to apply it more frequently because it is so much milder than other solutions.
Let us know if you need any testing to be done.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.