Multiple chemical sensitivity is usually the result of a single exposure or a long-term chronic exposure to a highly toxic chemical. The sensitivity includes and mycotoxins, and aflatoxins. When people inhale, they ingest these poisons and the entire system can be affected. Over time or on extreme exposure, the system breaks down, cells and organs are damaged.
There is no exact pattern to what can be termed an idiopathic reaction and MCS is never identical in any two individuals. Not only are genetics and bodies unique, each individual’s immunological response is based on their unique immunological history of exposure, immunization and resistance.