- Heating and drying do not work. The procedure is expensive and useless. Only actual remediation works: Find it and get rid of it, i.e, exposure and removal is the only process that works.
- Drying the mold out forces spores into the air. What’s the result? More mold.
- Remove saturated drywall to a foot above the watermark.
- Hard surfaces can be saved with detergent and hot water. Chase with a bleach solution to disinfect.
- Wear gloves and a mask. You don’t want to inhale spores or cleanser fumes.
- Stop the water. (Leaks, seepage, flooding.)
- Dry out the house but don’t spread the mold spores. Save the use of fans for drying out if mold has already been removed or fans will distribute spores.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.