Boulder campus’s Engineering Center may be toxic.
Six workers got sick after developing respiratory problems after working in Boulder Campus Engineering center, and mold is suspected to be the culprit. There’s no water damage and no mold turned up in the university’s investigation. Of course, no one is saying if a professional got in there and searched according to professional criteria. (The benchmark for mold is how much mold is found outside. The building should have a lower concentration than outside.)
The University of Colorado installed a filter and cleaned up, and is hoping that will eliminate the problem.
Mold is not the only thing that could have caused workers irritated eyes and respiratory ailments. In fact, one could do that accidentally by overusing bleach, or mixing cleaning chemicals.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.